|Licini/Olympus (Magyar 2332)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||K1 V M2 V|
Licini is a pre-agricultural and nonindustrial world lacking adequate development for its economy to become prosperous.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It is a member of the Solomani Confederation in the Olympus Subsector of Magyar Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The class C starport has several landing pads and a central terminal inside a wire fenced extra-legal border.
- Approximately 2 km from the starport is the largest town on Licini: Garrenton, population 6,230.
Binary Solar System
Licini Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Licini Primary Primary Orange K1 V Licini Companion Secondary Red M2 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Although the world has no government, governmental services or law level, the population takes the law into their own hands. Whenever someone offends the locals, a vigilante group will typically form to deal with the problem. Recently, a heavily armed and armored mercenary group attempted to take over the world, but were repelled by the local populace. What the mercenaries did not realize was that nearly everyone on Licini is armed, trained to use a firearm almost from birth and most have at least cloth armor available. The attempted coup was defeated by the people themselves, who enjoy their freedom.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (star map)
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), 11,47. (dot map provided)
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), 11,50. (dot map provided)
- Marc Miller. "Wars of the Imperium." Imperial Encyclopedia (1987): TBD.
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 14
- Mongoose Traveller: Solomani
- Author & Contributor: Dakin Burdick
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science