Liaoning class Light Carrier
|Liaoning class Light Carrier|
|Type: VL Light Carrier|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Crew||752 with 65 marines|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 10 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Number in Class: 1|
The Liaoning class Light Carrier is a warship.
- Using a #-ton hull, the Name-class is Ship Type. It mounts a jump drive-#, maneuver drive-#, and power plant-#, giving a performance of Jump-# and #-G acceleration. Fuel tankage for #.0 tons supports the power plant and Jump-# (...additional fuel #.0 tons). Adjacent to the bridge is a ship computer Model/# TBD. There are # staterooms and # low berths.
- The ship has # hard points and # tons allocated to fire control. Installed on the hard points are # turrets armed with TBD.
- There are # ship's vehicles: TBD. Cargo capacity is #.0 tons. The hull is not streamlined. There are # tons of waste space. Special features include TBD.
- The ship requires a crew of #: TBD. The ship can carry # passengers and # low berth passengers. The ship costs MCr# (...including discounts and fees). It takes # months to build and takes # months if built in quantity.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Built for the Sindalian Empire, this was the flagship of the fleet. It carried five squadrons of 20 ton fighters. It carried a heavy meson spinal mount but no armor and limited agility. There were back up screens and a model/7 fib computer. The marine platoons had four air rafts and four attack speeders. A powerful vessel, the ship mounted:
- 20 heavy missile bays,
- 200 triple sand caster turrets,
- 4 fusion gun bays,
- 4 particle accelerator bays,
- 4 repulsor bays and
- 50 triple laser turrets.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type VL class Light Carrier
- Avenger class Escort Carrier
- Bullfrog class Fighter Tender
- Cluster class Light Fleet Carrier
- Collossal class Light Carrier
- Dauntless class Light Carrier
- De Gaulle class Light Carrier
- Fuchuan class Warship Carrier
- Garin class Light Carrier
- Heng-O class Light Carrier
- Hangar class Light Fleet Carrier
- Hybrid Zeno class Light Carrier
- Kosigar class Light Carrier
- Liaoning class Light Carrier
- Nova class Light Carrier
- Regal Ark class Light Fleet Carrier
- Skimkish class Light Carrier
- SLC8 Penetia class Light Carrier
- Vati class Support Carrier
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science