This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Lhshami/Caledon (Reaver's Deep 2111)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||G0 V M4 V|
Lhshami is a preindustrial, agricultural world.
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- As a preindustrial world, this planet cannot yet manufacture enough high-technology resources to support a modern, star-faring society. Having to import many manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Caledon Subsector of the Reaver's Deep Sector.
- The planet is the homeworld of the Lhshana, a Minor Race.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
- Lhshana are small (1.2 meters in height), trilaterally-symmetrical, intelligent sophonts with tentacular appendages over each of their three legs.
- They are generally passive, contemplative, and rather fatalistic in nature.
- One of their best known exports are touchstone sculptures.
Trinary Solar System
Lhshami Trinary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Lhshami Primary Primary Yellow G0 V "Hsmeilha" Lhshami Companion Secondary Red M4 V "Shleihsi" Lhshami Far Companion Tertiary Red M5 V "Ekhana"
Primary: Trinary star system (two close companions, one distant).
- Hsmeilha, spectral class F0V. ICN S4G0501F0V. Mass 1.7 standard. Stellar diameter 1.7 standard. Luminosity 8.1 standard.
- Close companion Shleihsi, spectral class M1VII (white dwarf). ICN S4G0501M1VII. Mass 1.11 standard. Stellar diameter 0.006 standard. Luminosity 0.00003 standard.
- Far companion Ekhana, spectral class M5V. ICN S4G0501M5V. Mass 0.331 standard. Stellar diameter 0.358 standard. Luminosity 0.007 standard. Orbital radius 4968 AU.
- Eleven major bodies.
- One inhabited world (Lhshami, VI).
- Two gas giants.
- No planetoid belts.
- Mean orbital radius, 324.63 million kilometers (2.17 AU).
- Period 696.5 days.
- No satellites.
- Diameter, 6634 kilometers.
- Density, 0.98 standard.
- Mass, 0.123 standard.
- Mean surface gravity, 0.49G.
- Rotation period: 19 hours, 17 minutes, 10 seconds.
- Axial inclination 25° 47' 44.6".
- Albedo, 0.41.
- Surface atmospheric pressure, 0.95 atm. Composition, oxygen-nitrogen mix with oxygen imbalance.
- WARNING: HIGH OXYGEN CONTENT CAN CAUSE OXYGEN INTOXICATION!
- Filter masks adviced for atmospheric breathing.
- Hydrographic percentage, 70%; composition, water and frozen water-ice.
- Mean surface temperature, 5° C.
History & Background (Dossier)
The pre-civilized ancestors of Lhshana the were enslaved by the Saie (and much of what we know about that race is derived from oral traditions of the Lhshana, distorted over the centuries into a body of folklore and mythology). They received a considerable boost in civilization thanks to Saie technology, and also absorbed knowledge from Reaver spacecraft which visited the world during the Long Night. When first contacted by Caledonian merchants, the Lhshana had a flourishing tech level 9 civilization, though they had no knowledge of (and little interest in) space flight.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith. Far Traveller 1 (FASA, 1982), TBD.
- Dale Kemper. Far Traveller 2 (FASA, 1983), TBD.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (named but no further data)
- William H. Keith, Jr.. Duneraiders (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Ascent to Anekthor (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector (Gamelords, 1984), TBD. (data-generated)
- J. Andrew Keith. Escape (Marischal Adventures, 1987), TBD.
- Gary L. Thomas. The Travellers' Digest 16 (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Loren Wiseman. Challenge 54 (Game Designers' Workshop, 1991), 20.
- Kevin Knight. "Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 05 (1994): TBD.
- Kevin Knight. Traveller Chronicle 06 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1994), TBD.
- Kevin Knight. "A Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 07 (1995): TBD.
- William H. Keith Jr., J. Andrew Keith. Scam (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Paul Sanders, J. Andrew Keith. Reaver's Deep Sector Sourcebook (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Steve Jackson, Loren Wiseman. Alien Races 4 (Steve Jackson Games, 2001), TBD.
- Brett Kruger. Into the Deep 4 (BKP, 2011), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Into the Deep #1 Link
- EXTERNAL LINK: Archive.org RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring by Author & Contributor: Keven R. Pittsinger of the RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring
- EXTERNAL LINK: Caledon Subsector - Jimmy Simpson
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Traveller Library (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Mitchberg
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science