Lesser Shell Nebula
The Lesser Shell Nebula is a relatively small dim group of gases and dark clouds measuring around 4 parsecs coreward-rimward by around 3 parsecs spinward-trailing.
- It is classified as a reflection nebula and is primarily formed of dust and ionized gases, thrown off by the star at the center of the Greater Shell Nebula many millennia ago.
- The gases consist of about 90% hydrogen, with the remainder made up of helium, oxygen, nitrogen, and other elements. The clouds have a mean density of 102–106 particles/cm³. Its central regions are relatively denser.
The position of the Lesser Shell Nebula has been cataloged as part of the University of Selasia Spinward Survey. The nebula is a separated pocket of gas and dust located around two parsecs from the Greater Shell Nebula.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: WHULorigan
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science