|Larspri/Dethenes (Old Expanses 0408)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||M0 V M9 V|
Larspri is a barren world with no overt population, government, or law level.
- This world could be populated if anyone had an inclination to do so...
- This a "forbidden" world designated as a Red Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that make it extremely dangerous to visitors. Everyone is forbidden to travel here.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Dethenes Subsector of Old Expanses Sector in the Domain of Sol.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Tiny, dense Larspri holds an atmosphere of hydrogen and carbon compounds only because it is fairly far from its primary.
- These react with the metals on the surface to produce corrosive and poisonous compounds. Its tiny hydrosphere is composed of frozen carbon dioxide at the poles.
- This lump of matter would be good for nothing if it were rock, but it is almost pure metal.
- Scientists have speculated that it may be a chunk of a planetary core left after the planet was smashed by comets, or even a chunk of a burned-out dwarf star.
- Larspri is a rich source of metals from copper through the transuranics.
Binary Solar System
Larspri Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Larspri Primary Primary Red M0 V Larspri Companion Secondary Red M9 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Larspri (Old Expanses 0408 X1B1000-0): Due to the impossible conditions no one lives here, but 12 major companies have mining claims here which are worked by specially designed robots, impervious to corrosion.