From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Lanyard/Drinsaar (Reaver's Deep 1938)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||F4 V M9 V|
Lanyard is a nonindustrial water world, which has 90% or more of its surface covered in an ocean of water.
- The inhabitants of this world live on the roughly 10% of exposed land mass, in underwater colonies, on city ships, or similar arrangements.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- This world is also the overall capital of an interstellar government with the massive extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- It is a member of the Lanyard Colonies in the Drinsaar Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Lanyard Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Lanyard Primary Primary Yellow-White F4 V Lanyard Companion Secondary Red M9 V
History & Background (Dossier)
- It is a member and the capital of the Lanyard Colonies in the Drinsaar Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), . (named but no further details)
- Classic Traveller Paranoia Press Vanguard Reaches (Non-canon)
- Classic Traveller Alien Module 4: Zhodani (named but no further details)
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dot map provided)
- External Link: Gray Matter by Author & Contributor: Peter Gray of (Gray Matter)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science