LIDAR is an acronym for Light Detection and Ranging
- It is a type of Sensor
- It is also called LADAR (Laser Detection and Ranging).
Description / Specifications
LIDAR is a sensor system that bounces laser light off of a target and detects the ref1ection. The laser can scan a very small area and as such it is used to lock onto a target after some other search sensor has detected it.
- It is a tight beam active sensor.
History & Background / Dossier
LIDAR is available from TL-8 onwards.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- MegaTraveller Referee's Manual, (Game Designers Workshop 1987) p68
- Fire, Fusion, & Steel, Traveller The New Era, (Game Designers Workshop 1987) p51
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science