From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Language||Unknown Native Language|
|Reference||T5: Core rules|
- Very little is conclusively known about the Kursae. Some of leading research supports the idea that the Kursae were insectoids. Others vehemently disagree.
- This makes the fact that the Kursae settled a region more than 3,000pc in diameter an incredibly significant feat. That means that this species settled a sphere nearly 9200 ly across. Being that a jump drive with a J-1 rating can travel across a subsector in 8 to 10 jumps and the average subsector contains 80 parsecs of flat (simple calculation) volume of space, this is the equivalent of roughly 260 ly in across . Extending that calculation means that the Kursae colonized a zone many sectors in volume. That would make them a major interstellar power, despite the lack of a FTL Jump Drive, by current political reckoning.
- It is generally believed that Kursae did this using NAFAL technology, an even more impressive feat.
Point of Interest: The Kursae Mystery
Some of the great questions of our age involve the Kursae and many dedicated scientists from the Third Imperium are actively exploring these very mysteries:
- How did they manage to colonize such a large sphere without one of the Ancient's heirs interfering?
- How did the Kursae devolve so quickly, by astrographic standards, and lose their technology? Why?
- What myths and knowledge do the Kursae have about what was once their space?
- After losing their technology, why did they not die out as so many other species have?
- If they truly colonized Charted Space, where are their remains? Why aren't we knee-deep in artifacts and ruins?
History & Background (Dossier)
- Over the next thousand centuries these many worlds of the Kursae all followed a common path: a downward spiral to a comfortable low technology level where they are today… sharing a common heritage of myths about their past.
No information yet available.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
The homeworld of this race (sophontic species) is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- T5: Core rules (pg. 16) in Section "Introduction"
- Novel: Traveller 5th Edition Agent of the Imperium
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science