- This creature has been transplanted on a number of nearby worlds by Vargr hunters. It is a hardy creature and has well survived transfers to the environments of other worlds.
Physiology & Ecology
The kurrllo, or radiate bison so named for its three pairs of radial, cranial horns, is a native of Urgung and transplant to Rurzsik as an experiment in biosphere compatibility between both worlds. The creature is a herd herbivore that feeds on grasses, weeds, tree leaves and both worlds’ brands of watery and succulent fruits. The radiate bison has four legs ending in wide, cloven hooves and a long, dragging tail. The entire bulk of the beast is covered in a shaggy, yet soft to the touch, fur hide. Six gazelle-like horns radiate outward from its cranium and can be used for battering or goring predators or mating competition. Under the dense and tainted atmospheres of both Urgung and Rurzsik, this animal is capable of both filtration of the harmful compounds and has a low enough metabolism to tolerate the dense pressure to breathe.
Life Cycle & Reproduction
No information yet available.
Diet & Trophics
Because of its lowered and very efficient metabolism, the kurrllo uses less plant sugars than it bodily consumes through grazing. Huge tracts of open land or sparse forest are its chosen diet. Females thus produce naturally sweet milk to calves. This milk is a now a Vargr delicacy and can be included in alcoholic drinks or served to minor as a virgin drink. Because herds are very large, both entire mainworlds have been declared ranching reserves with minimal Vargr presence except to cull for food and goods.
History & Background (Dossier)
With dense bones, horns and a tough hide, many goods of clothing, accessories and small furniture are fashioned from the radiate bison. Musical instruments, ceremonial weapons, canes and staves are prime products by artisans using the best specimen parts of the kurrllo. A single radiate bison can sell for up to 20,000Cr per head. An adult can feed an entire family for a month, (or more if they vary their diet with the fish from these worlds).
Travellers' Aid Society Advisory
- Capable of short bursts of speed to chase down unwary and intruding Vargr, the radiate bison can kill with a single charge of its massive body.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: The Pakkrat
- Author & Contributor: (*) I-C #DroyneLife (*) (talk) 14:38, 27 March 2017 (EDT)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science