|Kukhun/Tansa (Gushemege 3105)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- The world serves as the subsector capital.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Tansa Subsector of Gushemege Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- It also contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
- It is the homeworld of the Lancians, a sophont species and minor human race.
- This world has a colony at Kumkhap (world).
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Kukhun Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Kukhun Primary Orange K0 V None
Non-canon: The 6641 AssltRon(tpt) TL14 A3SL of the 142nd Fleet - 2910/Tansa is stationed at the naval base here.
History & Background (Dossier)
Kukhun was seeded by the Ancients with human stock around 300,000 years ago. By the time that the Vilani Naasirka bureau made first contact around -9100 they had reached TL–4. The Kukhunen or Lancians were a creative culture, but with a taste for violence and a mind of their own that did not take too kindly to the rigidity of Vilani rule. In concert with the neighboring S'mrii they were continually champing at the bit of Vilani rule. The dominant religion at the time was called Paatissa.
- When Vilani rule was overthrown in -2219 the Kukhunen, who had now spread to several neighboring systems, found themselves presented with the no more benign rule of the Solomani. As the Second Imperium slipped into the chaos of the Long Night the Kukhunen entered into a bloody civil war. This was initially between the colonies, but was eventually fought out between factions on Kukhun itself. At the same time Kukhun slipped into an ice age as Mihev, the planet's K0V star, entered a cooling phase that has lasted to this day.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial count.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial subsector duke.
History-Era: Long Night
Non-canon: The Kukhunen initially seemed oblivious to these three threats to their survival. Their salvation came from the efforts of the Lancian Movement. This movement, named for the goddess Lancia of Kukhunen mythology, believed fervently in the importance of creativity, both as a way of life and as a way of thought. By -1324 when the Civil War was at its height the Movement had gained significant numbers of followers in all the factions, including amongst the faction leaderships. It was through the efforts of the Lancian leaders that peace was brought about, and the planet began to address itself to the problems of the Long Night and the advancing ice age.
- The Lancian Movement formed the core of the new world government. Over the next century, as Kukhun successfully dealt with the ice age threat and managed to maintain a TL–6 society, Lancian philosophy permeated every facet of Kukhunen society, and every Kukhunen's mindset. By -1200 Lancian culture dominated Kukhun.
- Kukhun was unusual in having an active and creative existence during the Long Night. It emerged, after re-contact by Sylean traders in -143, as a vibrant and energetic world anxious to make its mark in the stars. Jump drive was rapidly re-acquired and for the next 150 years contact was re-established with "lost" Kukhunen colonies ( who were rapidly converted to Lancia ), and new worlds were settled.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|