|Government||Civil service bureaucracy|
|Army Size (BEs)||12|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||2,062|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||6,600|
|Port passengers (annual)||170,400|
Kourae has a breathable, habitable atmosphere. The system has a population in the millions of sophonts. This is a high technology world with available technology over the standards for Charted Space. It is a member of Julian Protectorate in the Kourae Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector and in the Rukadukaz Republic. Kouraedoes not have the presence of Imperial Nobility. 10% of the world's population is the Major Race Vargr. 10% of the world's population is the Minor Race Bwap.
Astrography and Planetology
Part of the Tsahrroek-Kourae Cluster.
Kourae Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Kourae Primary Red M2 V
History and Background
Kourae has tolerated the direct rule of one or another off-world Vargr system or pirate pack for centuries now. Instead of rejecting the aliens, the local citizenry have focused on teaching the Vargr the right (read: Vilani) way to live, with remarkable success. This success has been further leveraged by the local population to a rather strong technological base, as the knowledge of Vargr science is re-shaped into a Vilani form.
Quite a lot of Ovaghoun Vargr have an intense admiration of Vilani culture, and among the greatest of honors is to be legally considered a True Vilani Gentleman. It is broadly acknowledged that in the Rukadukaz Republic, it is the Cultural Associations of Kourae who have the stringiest standards - and is the home of the best and most widely respected Civilized Minds of the Republic.
After Ikon (Empty Quarter 1602) herself, Kourae has had a major hand in making the Ovaghoun who they are today. Cultural goods and local rulings on Proper Behavior have a major influence on Ovaghoun behavior across Charted Space. Moreover, there is a steady flow of visitors, priests, academics, historians, and traders from distant Vland, helping to keep the local Vargr on the safe and certain road of Complete Conformity.
One of the Eight Notable Worlds of the Rukadukaz Republic.
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - Kourae 1206 A683687-D Ni Ri Varg0 Bwap1 503 Jr - Julian Protectorate (Rukadukaz Republic)
- CT - 1105 - Kourae 1206 A683687-D Ni Ri Varg1 Bwap1 603 Jr - Julian Protectorate (Rukadukaz Republic)
- MT - 1125 - Kourae 1206 A683687-D Ni Ri 603 Jr - Julian Protectorate (Rukadukaz Republic)
- TNE - 1201 - Kourae 1206 X68356B-5 Ni 503 Wi
References and Contributors
- Jason Kemp. "Alpha Quadrant of the Empty Quarter Sector- Kourae Subsector." Stellar Reaches 04 (2006): 7. - UWP Only
- Jason Kemp. "Sector In Review: Empty Quarter 993." Stellar Reaches 05 (2006): 37. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "Maps and UWP’S for the Empty Quarter: 993, 1105, 1125, and 1201 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 17 (2011): 16. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "Data Dump: Updated Maps and UWPs for the Empty Quarter, 993 and 1105 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 19 (2012): 48. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "System Flags of the Empty Quarter II." Stellar Reaches 25 (2014): 150.
- World page generated by AB-101
- Data compiled by ’’MIMIC’’ - Minor Imp of the Ministry of Information and Communication
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science