|Primary||M0 V M9 V|
|Army Size (BEs)||12|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||2,617|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||2,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||5,000|
Katarulu has both an unbreathably thin atmosphere and a lack of surface water making habitation by sophonts difficult. The system has a population between 10,000 and 10 million, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. Government control of this world is by an external military force. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Trin's Veil Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Katarulu, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Way Station.
|Government||Civil service bureaucracy|
|Army Size (BEs)||10|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||19,560|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||6,600|
|Port passengers (annual)||8,100|
Era: New Era
Katarulu has both an unbreathably thin atmosphere and a lack of surface water making habitation by sophonts difficult. The system has a population between 10,000 and 10 million, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. The world serves as the capital for the subsector. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Trin's Shroud Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector.
- This world has a nearby Regency Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- This world has a nearby Regency Way Station.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Katarulu has an icy climate and a thin oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere.
- An occasional variant on Katarulu's name is "Katrulu."
- The way station is used as the training center for Scout Service Xboat pilots, while the base is the fleet headquarters for the 207th Fleet, assigned to the Trin's Veil subsector. Support services for the way station and naval base are the main source of employment for inhabitants of Katarulu.
Binary Solar System
Katarulu Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Katarulu Primary Primary Red M0 V None Katarulu Companion Secondary Red M9 V None
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|