|No. of Worlds||326|
|Majority Control||Unexplored or unclaimed (NaXX) - 98%|
|Secondary Control||Lords of the High Realm (LoHR) - 2%|
|Province||Where The Stars End|
|Imperial Coordinate||-15 / -12|
|This sector has sector data|
- It is part of Uncharted Space.
- 1 Meta-History & Background: 2019-0708
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
- 5 Trade Routes (Physical & Socioeconomic Astrography)
- 6 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 7 References & Contributors (Sources)
Meta-History & Background: 2019-0708
- It appears on Traveller Map.
- It does not yet appear in published products.
A sector located to coreward-trailing of the Distant Fringe proper and characterised by the so-called Moat Rifts. The positions and types of its stars have been cataloged as part of the University of Tal Varisa Deep Sky Program.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Kataran Sector Names|
|Third Imperium||TBD||Third Imperium|
|Droyne||TBD||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|K'kree||TBD||Two Thousand Worlds|
Linguistic Topography: 1105
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Non-Human Races
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
- Non-Human Races
Sector Sophont Demographics Table
Kataran Sector is a largely unexplored region. The University of Tal Varisa has conducted surveys of a number of systems lying within its spinward subsectors. Other than those few survey vessels, the only starfaring sophonts thought to have been active in the heart of the Sector since the Last Armada travelled through the region more than three millennia ago was the Dillard-Purcell Expedition of the late 53rd century.
- Pre-Humaniti Era: unknown. Possible Slaver and Voyagers activity.
- Founding Era: Kataran Sector is named.
- Dark Age: unaffected. The Voyagers are not thought to have been active in the sector.
- Expansion Era: unaffected.
- Early Modern Era: unaffected.
- Post-War Era: unaffected.
- Present Day: data for Kataran Sector is published in the DSP Listing.
Major Historical Events
- 2255AD Kataran Sector officially named. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels of the Last Armada.
- ca 5290AD the Dillard-Purcell Expedition crosses the central part of the sector.
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
No polity officially exists within Kataran Sector. It is claimed that the Lords of the High Realm, a strange and brutal lost settlement descended from the crews and passengers of lost Last Armada vessels, exists along the border with Cauldron Sector. No official contact has been made with this state and many claim that it is fictional, a product of the imaginations of the survivors of the Dillard-Purcell Expedition of the late 53rd century.
No information yet available.
No capitals have been designated.
No polities are known for certain to exist within Kataran Sector.
- It is claimed that the Lords of the High Realm, a strange and brutal lost settlement descended from the crews and passengers of lost Last Armada vessels, exists along the border with Cauldron Sector. No official contact has been made with this state and many claim that it is fictional, a product of the imaginations of the survivors of the Dillard-Purcell Expedition of the late 53rd century.
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 50 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Kataran Sector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying around 50 parsecs to spinward-rimward, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Kataran Sector.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
No information yet available.
The following subsectors can be found within this sector:
- Trail Subsector Subsector E of Bourne Sector.
- Athallo Subsector Subsector H of Bourne Sector.
- Frontier Subsector Subsector I of Bourne Sector.
- Excalisor Subsector Subsector L of Bourne Sector.
- Skirt Subsector Subsector M of Bourne Sector.
The following systems and worlds can be found within this area:
|This article has a secret.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science