Kalaron class Lancer
|Kalaron class Lancer|
|Type: ELM Light Escort|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr103.87971 (fully equipped)|
|Origin||Union of Garth|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
This vessel is constructed from a standard design plan which uses a time-tested design features. Assembled from largely pre-fabricated kits, commercial shipyards can quickly build these ships. A naval architectural firm produces these plans in four weeks for 1% of the final ship cost. Because these hulls are so standardized and have been in use for so long, a 10% discount is available.
These hulls are familiar and easy to build. With a small down payment these vessels are made available with government backed financing.
This standard hull costs 6 MCr. and 2 MCr. to streamline it.
Drives are installed in the 15 ton engineering section.
It mounts stock A class drives, which in this size hull produce jump 1, 1G acceleration and 1 power rating. These cost 22 MCr. installed.
The lancer has an 185 ton main compartment.
- Bridge: 20 ton standard controls and sensors for 1 MCr.
- Computer: model 2 3/6 which is 2 tons and costs 9 MCr.
- Software/Size /Cost (MCr.)
- Jump 1 /1 /0.1
- Jump 2 /2 /0.3
- Navigation /1 /0.4
- Generate /2 /0.8
- Target /1 /1
- Launch /1 /2
- Maneuver /1 /0.1
- Which adds 2.7 MCr. beyond the basic software budget, included with purchase
- Staterooms: There are 20 state rooms at 80 tons, which costs 10 MCr.
- Fuel There is 30 tons of fuel carried, enough for one jump 1 and four weeks of maneuver and normal operations.
- Armaments: There are two hardpoints with two tons of fire control and two triple turrets installed. Two beam lasers, two missile launchers and two sand casters are mounted. The weapons installed cost 6.2 MCr.
- Ammo: included in the purchase price are 6 standard HE homing missiles and 6 canisters of sand. These cost 0.03 MCr. and 0.0024 MCr. respectively.
- Ship's Vehicles: A 40 ton Kalaron Pinnace is carried in the main hanger. The pinnace has 5G acceleration and carries a model 2 3/6 computer with target, launch, predict 1, maneuver, gunner interact and maneuver/evade 5 software. It mounts two beam lasers and a missile launcher and carries 3 standard HE homing missiles (A full reload cost 0.015 MCr.). The pinnace, equipped this way, costs 43.015 MCr. and is included in this design's purchase price. The pinnace has two crew: a pilot and a gunner. It can carry 1.4 tons of cargo. It also carries a 10 ton tracked AFV. The AFV is armored with a pintel mounted laser rifle with 100 shot battery and a 50kg missile launcher with 3 missiles carried. This vehicle costs 0.84 MCr. and requires three crew; a vehicle commander, driver and gunner. They drop with a six ton advanced base (0.05 MCr.), which provides shelter and life support for up to six people. After the AFV is deploys the pinnace comes back for another 10 ton tracked ATV (0.03 MCr.) which is sealed with long term life support for up to eight. When necessary the pinnace and tracked vehicles can be dismounted and cargo loaded into the hanger instead.
- Ship's Locker: 1 ton for protective clothing, vacc suits, weapons and survival aids.
- Crew: 6 required to operate, up to 20 can be carried with no strain on life support.
- Captain/Owner-Pilot: the designated unit commander
- (2) Turret Gunners:
- Pinnace Pilot:
- Pinnace Gunner:
- AFV Commander:
- AFV Gunner:
- AFV Driver:
- ATV Driver/Commander:
- (7) Protected Forces Troopers:
- Vehicle Mechanic: he can ride down in the ATV but has to sleep/eat in the advanced base with the tankers.
- Architects Fee: 1.028512 MCr.
- These vessels can be built and delivered in 11 months.