Kalaron class Corvette
|Kalaron class Corvette|
|Type: ELM Light Escort|
|Cost||MCr 989.41014 (fully equipped)|
|Origin||Union of Garth|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
This vessel is constructed from a standard design plan which uses a time-tested design features. Assembled from largely pre-fabricated kits, commercial shipyards can quickly build these ships. A naval architectural firm produces these plans in four weeks for 1% of the final ship cost. Because these hulls are so standardized and have been in use for so long, a 10% discount is available.
These hulls are familiar and easy to build. With a small down payment these vessels are made available with government backed financing.
This standard hull costs 100 MCr. and 10 MCr. to streamline it.
Drives are installed in the 165 ton engineering section.
It mounts stock P class jump drives, and T class maneuver drive and power plant. In this size hull that produces jump 2, 3G acceleration and 3 power rating. These cost 356 MCr. installed.
The corvette has an 835 ton main compartment.
- Bridge: 20 ton standard controls and sensors for 5 MCr.
- Computer: model 5 12/25 which is 5 tons and costs 45 MCr.
- Software/Size /Cost (MCr.)
- Jump 1 /1 /0.1
- Jump 2 /2 /0.3
- Navigation /1 /0.4
- Generate /2 /0.8
- Anti-Hijack /1 /0.1
- Library /1 /0.3
- Target /1 /1
- Launch /1 /2
- Maneuver Evade 5 /2 /5
- Return Fire /1 /0.5
- Anti-Missile /2 /1
- ECM /3 /4
- Predict 5 /2 /10
- Gunner Interact /1 /1
- Select 3 /1 /1
- Multi-Target 4 /4 /3
- Double Fire /4 /4
- Which adds 29.6 MCr. beyond the basic software budget, included with purchase
- Staterooms: There are 75 state rooms at 300 tons, which costs 37.5 MCr.
- Fuel There is 250 tons of fuel carried, enough for one jump 2 and four weeks of maneuver and normal operations.
- Armaments: There are ten hardpoints with ten tons of fire control and ten triple turrets installed. There are five triple beam laser turrets and five triple missile turrets mounted. The weapons installed cost 37.25 MCr.
- Ammo: included in the purchase price are 45 standard HE homing missiles which cost 0.225 MCr.
- Ship's Vehicles: There is a squadron of eight 10 ton Kalaron Missile Fighters are carried in the main hanger. These fighters have 6G acceleration and each carry a model 1 2/4 computer with target, launch and maneuver/evade 5 software. They each mount three missile launchers and carries 9 standard HE homing missiles (A full reload cost 0.045 MCr.). The squadron of fighters, equipped this way, costs 227.16 MCr. and is included in this design's purchase price. Three 40 ton Kalaron Pinnaces are also carried in the main hanger. The pinnaces have 5G acceleration and each carry a model 2 3/6 computer with target, launch, predict 1, maneuver, gunner interact and maneuver/evade 5 software. It mounts two beam lasers and a missile launcher and carries 3 standard HE homing missiles (A full reload cost 0.015 MCr.). The pinnace, equipped this way, costs 86.03 MCr. and is included in this design's purchase price. The pinnaces each have two crew: a pilot and a gunner. They can each carry 1.4 tons of cargo. Pinnace A, B and C work together to carry and deliver three 10 ton tracked ATVs (0.06 MCr.), four 6 ton advanced bases (0.2 MCr.) which provides shelter for up to twenty four people, six 2 ton 4x4 Wheeled Solar-Electric Scout Cars for 0.024 MCr. Each car requires a scout/driver and can carry up to 5 passengers. They also deploy three 10 ton tracked AFVs. The AFVs are armored with a pintel mounted laser rifle with 100 shot battery and a 50kg missile launcher with 3 missiles carried. These vehicles cost 1.68 MCr. and require three crew each; a vehicle commander, driver and gunner. When necessary the fighters, pinnaces, AFVs, ATVs and scout vehicles can be dismounted and cargo loaded into the hanger instead.
- Ship's Locker: 2 tons for protective clothing, vacc suits, weapons and survival aids.
- Crew: 18 required to operate, up to 75 can be carried with no strain on life support.
- Captain/Owner-Pilot: the designated unit commander
- (10) Turret Gunners:
- (5) Engineers:
- (8) Fighter Pilots:
- (3) Pinnace Pilots:
- (3) Pinnace Gunners:
- (3) AFV Commanders:
- (3) AFV Gunners:
- (3) AFV Drivers:
- (3) ATV Drivers/Commanders:
- (21) Protected Forces ATV Troopers:
- (10) Protected Forces Wheeled Scouts:
- Architects Fee: 9.79614 MCr.
- These vessels can be built and delivered in 27 months.