|Government||Civil service bureaucracy|
|Army Size (BEs)||15|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||5,105|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||8,800|
|Port passengers (annual)||503,200|
Ka-aswa has a breathable, habitable atmosphere. The system has a population in the millions of sophonts. The world serves as the capital for the subsector. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Yogesh Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector and in the Domain of Antares. Ka-aswa, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdom of a baron. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. 100% of the world's population is the Minor Race Bwap.
Astrography and Planetology
Part of the Imperial Empty Quarter Main.
Ka-aswa Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Ka-aswa Primary Orange K1 V
History and Background
Ka-aswa, like Wesaswek (Empty Quarter 0229), is a world inhabited by the Bwaps, for the sake of the Bwaps, most definitely including the high humidity. But while Wesaswek is about money and power (as the Bwap understand it), Ka-aswa is more focused on sharing with others the Right Way of Doing Things. Several major schools, not least the Administrative Academy of Ka-aswa, has made the world the centre of education for the Six Subsectors, and guarantees a steady inflow of Imperial students, Bwap and otherwise. Moreover, while Wesaswek is located in the heart of Bwap Space, Ka-aswa is on the edge of it, nearby not only the notable Bwap worlds of Tapawa (Empty Quarter 0931) and Abse-eb (Empty Quarter 1133), but also within three parsecs of important human systems like the subsector capitals of Yogesh (Empty Quarter 1328) and Lazisar (Empty Quarter 1233), and historically important systems like Gimushi (Empty Quarter 1431), Gobi (Empty Quarter 1331), and above all Sibikliir (Empty Quarter 1430).
All of this makes Ka-aswa more familiar to human visitors than Wesaswek, despite the poorer levels of wealth and technology (which, incidentally, is still far above most of the Quarter). The few humans that wish to permanently reside here manage to do so without too much trouble- not only are the inhabitants less controlling than in Wesaswek, but the world is not as completely terraformed for high humidity: there are several minor island chains where the humidity falls below 70%. Virtually uninhabited by Bwap, they are often the place to live for humans, Vargr, and other species uncomfortable with near-saturation humidity,
Possessing a number of bwap crèches significantly involved in the Yogesh subsector, Ka-aswa is much less restrictive than many Bwap-dominated worlds. The Imperial Governor of Ka-aswa, Sir Leonard Makhishkusa, is well received by both the human and Bwap populations of Ka-aswa. The Administrative Academy of Ka-aswa founded in 277,is a highly appraised institution of higher learning in the fields of diplomacy and Imperial bureaucracy, known throughout the sector and beyond for the quality of their graduates.
Ka-aswa is an important Bwap system, and her scores of tough little SDBs make it an oasis of peace among the turbulent stars. Order and bureaucracy is very important here, but in truth the rules are usually limited in scope, reasonable, and easy to obey. The major cities of the world - and the starport - are located in areas of stifling humidity and near-continuousrainfall, drizzle, or fog.
Secondary office of Narass Cybernetic Enterprises Firm, LIC . Narass focuses on making specialized robots for the vacuum and underwater environments.
Marquisate of Ka-aswa: this is a very recent fief, established in 954. It was awarded to Ka-aswa due to its increasing prominence in the sector and the vigorous activity of her upper class in successfully reorganizing the sector bureaucracy. Her hand in building up a cadre of noble bureaucrats has not been overlooked, either.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Ka-aswa has an excellent quality starport.
- A Class-A Starport Facility has very well developed shipyards and is capable of producing first rate starships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Sometimes multiple ports of each type.
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - Ka-aswa 1230 A8698A7-B BwapW 913 Im
- CT - 1105 - Ka-aswa 1230 A86968A-A Ni Ri BwapW 813 Im
- MT - 1125 - Ka-aswa 1230 C869695-8 Ni Ri 613 Ou - Outlands
- TNE - 1201 - Ka-aswa 1230 E869642-9 Ni Ri 213 Wi
References and Contributors
- Jason Kemp. "Gamma Quadrant of the Empty Quarter Sector- Yogesh Subsector." Stellar Reaches 01 (2005): 8. - Write up
- Jason Kemp. "Sector In Review: Empty Quarter 993." Stellar Reaches 05 (2006): 37. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "Maps and UWP’S for the Empty Quarter: 993, 1105, 1125, and 1201 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 17 (2011): 16. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "Data Dump: Updated Maps and UWPs for the Empty Quarter, 993 and 1105 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 19 (2012): 48. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "The Peerage of the Empty Quarter." Stellar Reaches 20 (2012): 5.
- Alvin Plummer. "A Haji for the Fallen." Stellar Reaches 20 (2012): 40.
- Alvin Plummer. "The Preferred Worlds of the Empty Quarter, 993 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 21 (2013): 62.
- World page generated by AB-101
- Data compiled by ’’MIMIC’’ - Minor Imp of the Ministry of Information and Communication