KE5 Cataclysm class Patrol Boat
|KE5 Cataclysm class Patrol Boat|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: EE Patrol Boat|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The KE5 Cataclysm class Patrol Boat is a warship.
They are partially streamlined spheres capable of wilderness gas giant refueling. They carry enough internal fuel for two jumps and are fitted with additional drop tanks for Jump-1 as needed for extended range operations. It can carry up to 14 troopers if they go with double occupancy. They usually don't to preserve crew comfort and morale on longer patrols. The hull armor costs them their cargo holds.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|2.||Crew||x14 crew, pilot, navigator, 5 engineers, medic, 5 gunners, flight crew in 14 single occupancy staterooms.|
|3.||Performance||Jump-1, 5-G acceleration, Power-5, 25 EPs, Agility-3.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses|| Factor 5 hull armor.
|8.||Craft||x1 30T Ship's Boat, x1 6T Speeder|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification.|
|11.||Construction Time||80 weeks to build, 64 weeks in quantity.|
History & Background (Dossier)
They are used in patrols for the Korsumug Empire.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type DE class Destroyer
- KE5 Cataclysm class Patrol Boat
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science