K'kree (Alien Module)
Encounters with the Enigmatic Centaurs
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Author||J. Andrew Keith, Loren Wiseman|
|Product no. 255|
The second in the series of Alien Modules for Classic Traveller looks at the K'kree, six-limbed militant herbivores with a powerful military who are strongly opposed to any meat-eaters.
One of the Imperium's interstellar neighbors is a six-limbed vegetarian race known as the K'kree. Their empire includes hundreds of star systems, and their rule is absolute. Rough similarities to creatures of human legend prompt some humans to call them Centaurs. This enigmatic, fanatically vegetarian race has long been a mystery to the ordinary human, and now it is possible to learn more about their complex culture and society.
K'kree, Traveller Alien module 2 (see Meta-History and Background below), describes in detail this alien race, its homeworld, its far-flung empire, and its fascinating starfaring society.
This Alien Module includes:
- K'kree History and Culture: Detailed essays on the origins and nature of the K'kree, their culture, their behavior, their government, and their society.
- K'kree Character Generation: Comprehensive character generation system, especially designed for K'kree characters, including provisions for the generation of K'kree family groups (they never travel alone) likely to be encountered in K'kree territory, and in the human Imperium.
- Advanced Character Generation: Character and skill tables for Mercenary and High Guard (you must have the Mercenary and High Guard booklets to make full use of them) allow the generation of K'kree characters using these rule books.
- World Generation: Tables and rules for creating K'kree worlds, governments, bases, law and tech levels.
- K'kree Encounters: Patrons and random encounter lists for ventures into K'kree territory, both by K'kree and by other races.
- Starships: K'kree starship construction parameters and rules for their use.
- K'kree Word Generation: Fast and easy generation of K'kree names and words, with an aid to pronunciation - to add depth to any K'kree adventure.
- The K'kree Stellar Empire: A basic multi-sector map of K'kree territory showing its relationship to the Imperium and other interstellar governments. Sectors are named in K'kree, with Imperial names where applicable.
- Three K'kree scenarios start any group out in their contact with the K'kree, and provide a springboard for further adventures.
Meta-History and Background
The back of the book actually describes this as Alien Module 1, although it clearly says Alien Module 2 on the cover and the Aslan Alien Module is clearly the first in the series. To avoid confusion in the reader's mind, the erroneous 1 has been corrected in the Description above.
- J. Andrew Keith and Loren Wiseman
- Additional Design
- John Harshman and William H. Keith, Jr.
- Marc Miller
- Cover Art
- David Deitrick
- Interior Illustrations
- Steve Venters and William H. Keith, Jr.
- Art Direction
- Paul R. Banner
Table of Contents
Anatomical Drawings of K'kree IFC Introduction 1 The K'kree Race 2 Characters 7 Personal Combat 10 Starships and Space Travel 11 K'kree Character Generation Tables 14 K'Kree Encounters Tabels 16 K'kree Word Generation tables 17 K'kree Mercenary Character Generation 18 K'kree Weapons 21 K'kree High Guard Character Generation 22 K'kree Combat/Starship Data 25 K'kree World Generation 26 Hostage (adventure) 29 Whispers of Summer (adventure) 32 A Scent of Evil Winds (adventure) 35 Rules expansion for K'kree 37 Sectors of the Two Thousand Worlds and Environs IBC