A Joule is a derived unit of energy.
Energy is measured in Joules.
- The common Imperial abbreviation is J.
A joule is equal to the work done by a one-newton force.
- one newton force is the force required to accelerate an object with a mass of 1 Kilogram over a 1 meter distance, over a period of 1 second per second: this is broadly equivalent to the impact of a punch.
A joule is equal to the work done by a current of one amp flowing at a potential of one volt.
The joule was first defined as a unit of energy on Terra prior to the foundation of the Terran Confederation. Technologists found the joule useful as the concept of the Technology Level and standardized ideas about sophont society development began to take form.
No information yet available.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 5.
- David Golden, Guy Garnett. Fire, Fusion & Steel (Imperium Games, 1997), 8.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- An unpublished factoid written by Maksim-Smelchak