|No. of Worlds||150|
|Majority Control||Unexplored (NaXX) - 100%|
|Imperial Coordinate||-22 / -12|
|This sector has sector data|
- 1 Meta-History & Background
- 2 Description
- 3 History & Background
- 4 Interstellar Relations
- 5 Physical Astrography
- 6 Political Astrography
- 7 References & Contributors / Sources
Meta-History & Background
It features in the Mythology of Lon Beon.
Jontell Sector is an unpopulated and totally undeveloped wilderness. Starfaring sophonts are not believed to have been active in the sector since the Dissident Fleet travelled through the region more than three millennia ago, and even the veracity of that fact is uncertain.
History & Background
Very little information about Jontell Sector is available.
No information yet available.
- Pre-Humaniti Era: unknown. Possible Slaver and Voyagers activity.
- Founding Era: Jontell Sector is named.
- Dark Age: unaffected. The Voyagers are not thought to have been active in the sector.
- Expansion Era: unaffected.
- Early Modern Era: unaffected.
- Post-War Era: unaffected.
- Present Day: data for Jontell Sector is published in the Stars of the Rim.
Major Historical Events
Some of the important historical events that have affected Jontell Sector include:
- 2255AD Jontell Sector officially named. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels the Last Armada.
Although its exact route is unknown, the Dissident Fleet may have travelled across the rimward parts of Jontell Sector some time after 2255AD as it fled the Destruction of Terra and the pursuing Vilani.
No polities exist within (or make a claim on any part of) Jontell Sector.
- Popular sci-fi tropes hold that Jontell Sector contains a part of the Empire of Thrax. The generally agreed territory of this fictional state is depicted in blue.
The following astrographic features can be found within this area:
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 240 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Jontell Sector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying around 125 parsecs to rimward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Jontell Sector.
No capitals have been designated.
No information yet available.
The following systems and worlds can be found within this area:
No subsectors within Jontell Sector have been named.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science