Jimenez class Escort Corvette
|Jimenez class Escort Corvette|
|Type: ECE Escort Corvette|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
in quantity: MCr 279.867
|Origin||Saldazar Security Squadron|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Jimenez class Escort Corvette is a light warship.
- It is a military ship and a Escort Corvette.
- It is a light patrol warship operated within the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
A prototype and eight production models have been laid down thus far. These vessels operate in the Far Home Sector of the Distant Fringe. The Jimenez serves as light escorts and patrol vessels for the fleet and is under the command of a CO Lieutenant and an XO Ensign.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||300 tons. Partially streamlined close structure hull.|
|2.||Crew||x10 crew. The crew consists of a Pilot, Navigator, 4 Engineers, 1 Medic, 3 Gunners, who share the equivalent of 5 staterooms in double occupancy.|
|3.||Performance||6. It has Jump-2 range DeVoss Drives and 6-G acceleration with a 6 emergency agility rating. It carries enough internal fuel for a single Jump-2. The jump drive utilizes a lanthanum hull grid. The jump drive is fitted with a jump governor.|
|4.||Electronics||5 fib. It carries a model 5 fib computer adjacent to the bridge. The engineering section has a main control room.|
|6.||Armament||Class A Refits 6 beam lasers and three missile launchers. Two weapon suites are available for this class and the refit. The original load was a pair of single plasma gun turrets with fire control firing together as a single battery. They also have a pair of missile launchers, where each launcher can target and engage separate targets.|
|7.||Defenses||Factor-4 armored hull. The hull is armored. The hull is compartmentalized with thick bulkheads and a reinforced internal structure. The vessel's agility helps it avoid direct hits.|
|8.||Craft||The vessel has no embarked subcraft. It depends on outside vessels for interface functions.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification. It is fitted with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness gas giant refueling.|
in quantity: MCr 279.867.
|11.||Construction Time||56 weeks.|
Designed and built by Saldazar (1633 Far Home) A341753-B after 56 weeks for the prototype and 45 weeks for the production models at modest expense. In keeping with the Saldazar Security Squadron's internal security mission, this class was designed with a defensive mindset. They carry the armor to limit critical internal hits. The weapon systems have been reworked based on combat experience. The Class A refit ships remove the two single plasma gun turrets and these are replaced with six beam lasers grouped into a single high intensity battery. The triple missile launchers also fire as a single battery now. Four ships have been converted so far. A total of nine ships of this class are currently in service. Six of these ships can be carried by the three available Trundi Fringe class Light Cruisers. This affords extended range standoff strikes.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type ECE class Escort Corvette
- Jimenez class Escort Corvette
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science