Jaradin class Missile Corvette
|Jaradin class Missile Corvette|
Unity of Sed vessel.
|Type: EEM Missile Corvette|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
Qty: MCr 396.93
|EOS||Still under active duty.|
|Origin||Unity of Sed|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Jaradin class Missile Corvette is a light warship.
- It is a military ship and a Corvette.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
Designed and built at Jaradin for the Unity of Sed. These ships operate within the Far Home Sector. The TL–12 partially streamlined spherical structure hulls carry enough fuel, internally for a single jump 2, with a jump 2 reserve for strategic withdrawal. They can carry drop tanks with 28 days of power plant fuel and an additional jump 2 as needed. There are in service with the Unity of Sed Navy. They are equipped with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness gas giant refueling. The weapons include one dual fusion gun turret for point defense, two triple beam laser turrets, and two triple missile turrets for offense. The defenses include extremely thick armor. They have a model 6 fib computer mounted adjacent to the bridge and are capable of 3 G acceleration and have no agility rating. They have a 6 ton G Carrier. These ships are expensive for their size and are used for patrol duties. These ships are popular with their crews because of the massive armor. The spherical shape reduced the surface area, relative to the volume to make that armor possible, and the spherical hull was seen as a cost savings.
- Tonnage: 500 tons (standard), 7,000 cubic meters.
- Crew: Pilot, Navigator, 3 Engineers, Medic, 4 Gunners
- Performance: Jump 2, 3G acceleration. Power plant-3. 15 EP. Agility 0.
- Electronics: Model 6 fib computer.
- Hardpoints/Armament: Two triple missile turrets, one dual fusion gun turrets, two triple beam laser turrets.
- Defenses: Factor-A armor
- Craft: x1 6T G Carrier
- Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification
- Cost: MCr 496.162 standard. MCr 396.93 in quantity.
- Construction Time: 80 weeks standard. 64 weeks in quantity.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses|| No information yet available.
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
No information yet available. 12 in service.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EEM class Missile Escort
- Admiral Gorshkov class Missile Corvette
- Ballista class Solar Sailor
- Barnard's Star class Missile Boat
- Berghoff class Missile Boat
- Black Rock class Missile Frigate
- C-9 class Missile Corvette
- Jaradin class Missile Corvette
- Kalaron class Missile Sloop
- Kyle Strum class Missile Corvette
- Malory Francis class Missile Corvette
- Richtofen class Missile Corvette
- Silversun class Missile Corvette
- Type 056 Jiangdao class Missile Corvette
- Type ECM class Missile Corvette
- Valor class Missile Corvette
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science