Ishker class Command Carrier
|Ishker class Command Carrier|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: VC Command Carrier|
|Also see||Subcraft Carrier - Carrier|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr15,810.097 in quantity 12,648.078|
|Crew||797 with 400 marines|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Origin||The Last Line|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 14 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and a Command Carrier.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft and drones when needed.
- It has a # sophont crew and # marines.
It is an unarmored fully streamlined conical structure with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness ocean refueling. The ship is capable of Jump-2, and carries enough internal fuel for a Jump-2 with a Jump-1 reserve. They are fitted with 28 days of extra power plant fuel and well as another Jump-2 drop tank for increased range when crossing rift zones. The maneuver drives develop 2G acceleration with no Agility. It carries a pair of Model/5 fib ship computers adjacent to the main bridge.
It is armed with ten triple sand caster turrets, seventeen 100 ton missile bays, a spinal mounted particle accelerator, a repulsor bay, ten double plasma gun turrets, and ten triple beam laser turrets.
They use this class as a command carrier to deploy ten squadrons of 10 dton fighters and transport for a battalion of 400 marines. Models similar to the Fringian Armored Fighters are used. A commando platoon of 38, are equipped with drop capsules and act as pathfinders for the remainder of the unit.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/5 fib ship computer|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type VC class Command Carrier
- Ishker class Command Carrier
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science