|Army Size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||2|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Iridia has a population between 10,000 and 10 million sophonts, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Hebrin Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector and in the Domain of Antares. Iridia, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. 10% of the world's population is the Major Race Vargr.
Astrography and Planetology
Part of the Imperial Empty Quarter Main.
Iridia Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Iridia Primary Yellow G9 V
History and Background
Home to a small fiercely independent population of former political prisoners, recently granted independence by the Hebrin (Empty Quarter 1930) Government, the majority of which are spread out across this small though pleasant world, the bulk of which live on small homesteads or frontier territories in family groups or sustainable villages. Most off world traffic lands at the 'Drop Point' downport the traditional dumping ground for former prisoners. There is much angst and ill will between the modern day inhabitants of Iridia and Hebrin as the harsh treatment given to the original forced colonists still lives on in the form of local legends and handed down memories. In short the early colonists were dumped at the 'Drop Point' landing field with little more than the clothes on their back.
The indigenous flora and fauna is compatible with Human/Vargr physiology, so crops can be grown and animals farmed for their meat. Most Iridian communities are introspective places where the pace of life is very slow and agrarian in nature. The low population combined with the vast amounts of wilderness and the harshness of frontier life have seen laws of hospitality evolve into rigid social codes, guaranteeing that all strangers will get a warm welcome all over this planet (providing they are not natives of Hebrin).
Iridia remains lightly explored or only furtively scanned from orbit as venturing into the vast expanses of wilderness surrounding the settlements is not to be undertaken lightly. Living conditions are rough with sustainable technologies being around the tech level 3 mark. Most transport is provided by beasts of burden indigenous to this world, the main port is slightly more progressive with some imported higher tech items (a communications Tower with continental range radio) needed to maintain the class E classification.
The Imperial Navy maintains a constant though light patrol in system as the local population do not have the necessary technologies to scan or inspect their own system, otherwise this world would be a haven to smugglers, pirates and career criminals from throughout the entire subsector.
This world is a sad and interesting testimony to the former governments of Hebrin that decided to use this planet as a prison for dissidents and political opponents rather than easing the burdens of the vast amounts of population pressure back home by instigating a full scale colonization program. The 'official' reason behind this or so the Hebrin Authorities claim is that Iridia has limited amounts of surface water and is placed within a system that has no gas-giants, making a large population difficult to support, not to mention refuelling difficulties that such a large traffic volume would generate.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Iridia has a frontier quality starport.
- A Class-E Starport Facility is a very limited facility.
- This facility has no shipyard and can only perform extremely limited repair work at best.
- This facility has refueling infrastructure and limited refining capabilities. One may purchase unrefined fuel here.
- Starports of this class are usually a Lowport and a Highport would almost never be found.
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - Iridia 1830 E561443-3 Lo Ni Varg4 710 Im
- CT - 1105 - Iridia 1830 E561443-3 Lo Ni Varg1 710 Im
- MT - 1125 - Iridia 1830 E561440-1 Lo Ni 610 Ou - Outlands
- TNE - 1201 - Iridia 1830 X561355-0 Lo Ni 910 Wi
References and Contributors
- Jason Kemp. "Delta Quadrant of the Empty Quarter Sector- Hebrin Subsector." Stellar Reaches 02 (2005): 8. - UWP Only
- Jason Kemp. "Sector In Review: Empty Quarter 993." Stellar Reaches 05 (2006): 37. - UWP Only
- Jason Kemp. "Feature Adventure: The Irash Express Part II of 'The Lorimar Slot'." Stellar Reaches 08 (2008): 6. by Mark “Commander Drax” Bridgeman
- Alvin Plummer. "Maps and UWP’S for the Empty Quarter: 993, 1105, 1125, and 1201 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 17 (2011): 16. - UWP Only
- Alvin Plummer. "Data Dump: Updated Maps and UWPs for the Empty Quarter, 993 and 1105 Imperial." Stellar Reaches 19 (2012): 48. -UWP Only
- World page generated by AB-101
- Data compiled by ’’MIMIC’’ - Minor Imp of the Ministry of Information and Communication