An Inertial Locator is a navigational aid.
- It enhances the abilities of Sensors.
Description / Specifications
An Inertial Locator or Inertial Navigator indicates direction and distance traveled from any pre-set starting location and will show current position on an internally generated map, including altitude changes. Accurate to within 0.1% of total distance traveled, but must be reset if used in inertially compensated vehicles. It may be belt, arm or headset mounted, depending on manufacturer or intended use.
History & Background / Dossier
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 60,62.
- Referee's Gaming Kit
- Joe Fugate. "Traveller's Cache." MegaTraveller Journal 4 (1993): 90.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 25,33.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science