Imperiallines 6 (magazine)
|Author||Andrea Vallance, Donald McKinney, Greg Lee, Jim Kundert, Robert Eaglestone|
|Format||Book (Softback) (PDF)|
|Publisher||Far Future Enterprises|
|Available from||Drivethru RPG Entry|
|Table of Contents|
This issue supplements the Regina data with a WalkThru of the sophont creation process and SophontMaker for T5. The Amindii first appeared in incidental artwork in GDW's Journal of the Traveller's Aid Society issue 7, and then on a very limited edition Traveller trading card for Regina; they were mentioned in Greylock Publishing Lines' Cirque, released earlier this year. Now we have the details, and a T5 Sophont Data Sheet. We also present Port of Call: Regina, including an updated world map.
Meta-history & Background
This is the first issue of Imperiallines in over 20 years, intended to provide examples and support to Traveller5.
The original Imperiallines was started by GDW (and editor John Meyers) in 1991 to focus on Traveller and as an adjunct to the more general Challenge Magazine. Intended to be only a few pages, whichever issue was current was included in the Traveller starter box sets. Two issues were produced and distributed, two more written and in pre-production, and one was in draft form when the concept was stopped due to changes and project focus.
Traveller5 shares one important characteristic with the prior editions of Traveller: it is not quite like what has come before. New character generation, new combat systems, new tools for making things and people. Some of those tools include a lot of detail, and nothing helps with details better than examples and a helping hand here and there.
Imperiallines magazine started its existence as a fanzine led by Mark Gelinas, became an insert mini-zine under GDW, and later became the FFE house periodical for Traveller 5. It is named after Imperiallines, LIC an interstellar shipping corporation serving worlds off of the main trade routes of the Spinward Marches. Imperiallines and Imperial Lines can be easily confused.
- Imperiallines 1 (fanzine)
- Imperiallines 2 (fanzine)
- Imperiallines 3 (fanzine)
- Imperiallines 1 (magazine) (Insert)
- Imperiallines 2 (magazine) (Insert)
- Imperiallines 3 (magazine) (Unpublished insert)
- Imperiallines 4 (magazine) (Unpublished insert)
- Imperiallines 5 (magazine) (Unpublished draft)
- Imperiallines 6 (magazine)
- Imperiallines 7 (magazine)
- Imperiallines 8 (magazine) (..forthcoming in 2018 CE)
Credits (Primary Sources)
- Marc Miller, Publisher
- Tim Osbourne, Artist
- Ian Stead, Artist
- Andrea Vallance, Contributor
- Donald McKinney, Contributor
- Greg Lee, Contributor
- Jim Kundert, Contributor
- Rob Eaglestone, Contributor and Editor
Table of Contents
In This Issue:
- pg.1 ... Welcome to Imperiallines!
- pg.2 ... Contact: The Amindii of Regina
- pg.5 ... Walkthru: Amindii Sophont Creation
- pg.9 ... Amindii Sophont Creation Card
- pg.10... Port of Call: Regina (Spinward Marches 1910) A788899-‐C
- pg.13... Traveller News Service Bulletins