An Imperial Warrant is an instrument of power issued at the highest levels of government.
A warrant is a written or electronic document provided to trusted agents of the Imperium as a method of bypassing the bureaucracy. Typically, a warrant is provided by the Emperor to an individual who utilizes the power it provides to accomplish some mission. Missions may include establishment of colonies in areas requiring development, the assumption of military command in the midst of a crisis, and the unilateral establishment of new noble lines to administer provinces which have suffered from war or economic collapse.
The enabling act for Imperial warrants is Imperial Edict 97. Imperial Edict 3097 allows archdukes to issue similar warrants of lesser scope. Other statutes allow dukes to issue their own warrants, though the scope of such warrants is limited to the dukes' respective areas of responsibility.
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. The Kinunir (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 40.
- John Harshman, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. Library Data (A-M) (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), 32.
- Loren Wiseman. Nobles (Steve Jackson Games, 2005), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Agent of the Imperium (Far Future Enterprises, 2015), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science