|No. of Stars||2|
|Majority Control||Sath Exploration (SaXX) - 100%|
- 1 Description / Specifications
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 History & Background
- 5 References & Contributors / Sources
Description / Specifications
The following astrographic features can be found within this area:
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- The Cauldron Nebula, lying within Cauldron Sector, some 96 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be seen as a star-studded luminous region in night-time skies from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 148 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star lying approximately 8 parsecs to spinward at its closest point, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector even in daylight.
Population: 5000 Sophonts.
The following languages are the most commonly spoken within Ikhasha Subsector:
No information yet available.
History & Background
Ikhasha Subsector remained unexplored until a Sath STL probe travelled through its two systems during the early 53rd century. Its systems first saw sophont visitors during the Voyage of the Hiishiiha in 5338AD. By around 5550AD the Sath technological base advanced to the point where they are able to produce their own jump-2 drives: soon afterwards long-range vessels were travelling into the worlds of the Hak'tha Spread, and a permanent base had been established on Ikhasha.
Major Historical Events Timeline
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this area:
- 2255AD Ikhasha Subsector named as Deepback Subsector. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels the Last Armada.
- ca 4700AD: The Sath rename Deepback Subsector, calling it Ikhasha Subsector.
- ca 5140AD: The Sath launch STL probes towards the Ikhasha Subsector from the Sshkih system in Far Home Sector.
- ca 5270AD: Sath STL probes probes pass through the Ikhasha Subsector.
- 5338AD: Voyage of the Hiishiiha.
- 5390AD The name "Ikhasha Subsector" is officially recognised by the Rissa Accords.
- ca 5550AD: The Sath technological base advances to the point where they are able to produce their own jump-2 drives.
- ca 5560AD: Sath settlers enter the Hak'tha Spread.
- 5590AD Construction of a permanent space station begins at the Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint in Far Home Sector.
- 5599AD: Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint becomes operational.
- 5600AD: Data for Ikhasha Subsector is published in the DSP Listing.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science