This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|Ikhasha/Ikhasha (Gulf 3101)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Ikhasha is a low-population garden world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in population size.
- It is a garden world with a near-ideal, utopian environment conducive to most forms of sophontic life.
- Both the population and economy of this world are expected to grow in the near future barring outside forces.
- It is a part of the Sath Exploration program in the Ikhasha Subsector of Gulf Sector, which is part of the Distant Fringe.
- Warning: Humans are not welcome within Sath-controlled areas. Those few humans that venture into their territory are generally met with a hostile reception and are closely monitored at all times.
- 1 Astrography and Planetology
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors / Sources
Astrography and Planetology
- It is part of the Hak'tha Spread.
Ikhasha Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Ikhasha Primary Yellow G7 V
The primary is Ikcha, an ordinary yellow main sequence star. It has a luminosity of 0.57 Sols, a mass of 0.894 Sols, and a diameter of 1.265 million km. The inner system consists of (I) a vacuum worldlet and (II) an insidious atmosphere inferno world. (III) Ikhasha orbits within the habitable zone and is designated the mainworld. (IV) a thin atmosphere hospitable world, (V) a ringed large gas giant, (VI) a small gas giant, (VII) a trace atmosphere radworld, (VIII) a sparse icy planetoid belt, (IX) a small ice giant, and (X) an exotic atmosphere bigworld form the outer system. Many of the worlds retain satellites.
(III) Ikhasha is designated the mainworld and orbits Ikcha at a mean distance of 0.69 AU (103.22 million km), within the habitable zone. It has an orbital period of 221 days 10 hours and a rotation period of 53 hours. The axial tilt is 17 degrees. Ikhasha has a diameter of 9,584 km, a density of 6.21 g/cm³, and a surface gravity of 0.84 G. The world is geologically active. Its atmosphere is rated as Dense, with a mean surface pressure of 1.96 bar and a composition of 81% nitrogen (N2), 18% oxygen (O2), and 1% argon (Ar), carbon dioxide (CO2), ozone (O3), neon (Ne) and other trace gases. Approximately 70% of the surface is covered in seas of liquid water: average tidal ranges exceed 0.5m. Mean surface temperature: 23°C. The climate is rated as Temperate-Warm and experiences moderate seasonal changes during the local year. The atmosphere is active and strong weather systems driven by the star and the oceans sweep across the globe.
- (IIIa) Khaa'a (UWP Y201000-0, orbiting at 30 Diameters/290,000 km)
- (IIIb) Skakk (UWP Y100000-0, orbiting at 55 Diameters/525,000 km).
Mainworld Geography and Topography
Total surface area: 289 million km², Land surface area: 87 million km², Water surface area: 202 million km². Three rugged smaller continents lie in the northern hemisphere, a large continent straddles the equator, and a large mountainous continent lies in the southern hemisphere. There are a number of subcontinental landmasses, large islands, and chains of archipelagos. The world is geologically active: many regions have volcanic zones and seismic events such as earthquakes are relatively common.
Ikhasha is a garden world and has extensive and abundant native life. The local flora has a tendency towards thick tall stems and flat circular leaves: foliage is generally green in colour. Their metabolic functions power the process of atmospheric renewal. The majority of local fauna follows the body pattern Trilateral HS-TB-AN-LL-T, with cartilage interiors, slime fluids, and skin exteriors. Local lifeforms cannot be digested by Sath (or humans) without extensive processing to remove toxins.
The cold marginally hospitable world lying in orbital position (IV) (within the H+ region of the outer system) has extensive native life, consisting of microscopic organisms, stromatolite-parallels and primitive flora that can be found in almost every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Ikhasha has a poor quality starport.
- A Class-D Starport Facility has minimal if any shipyards and can only perform extremely limited repair work.
- This facility has many skilled personnel who can perform minor repair work.
- This facility has refueling infrastructure and limited refining capabilities. One may purchase unrefined fuel here.
- Starports of this class very rarely have both a Lowport and a Highport.
World technology level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Telephone, radio, and television.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fission power generation, advanced water and wind generation of electricity.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- Land: Improved automobiles, early ATV's, and dedicated AFV's.
- Water: Amphibious vehicles, improved submersibles, and early SCUBA gear.
- Air: Early jet aircraft and rotorcraft VTOL's.
- Space: Early unmanned rocket delivery systems and early manned orbital rockets.
Ikhasha has a Participatory Democracy government.
- It is a government by advice and consent of the citizen.
- The typical power source of this government is an Democracy.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Unitary State.
Local security forces only.
- Resources: 9 (Moderate)
- Labor: 2 (Hundreds)
- Infrastructure: 1 (Extremely limited)
- Efficiency: +1 (Average)
No information yet available.
Population: 5000 Sophonts.
The following languages are the most commonly spoken on Ikhasha:
- Homogeneity: 5 (Harmonious)
- Acceptance: 1 (Extremely xenophobic)
- Strangeness: A (Incomprehensible)
- Symbols: 9 (Somewhat abstract)
Around 5560AD Sath pioneers founded a permanent settlement on Ikhasha. They were sponsored by the Shikh’aa Faction of the Sath Alliance and were tasked with building a larger colony. Facilities adequate for up to half a million immigrants, including housing, administration centers, farming and industrial complexes, transportation links and all the other necessary infrastructure, are currently in the process of being constructed. The settlement zone has huge amounts of construction equipment, heavy machinery, tools, and stockpiles of the materials and supplies necessary for the ongoing development.
- ca 5220AD: Sath STL probes are launched towards the Hak'tha Spread and pass through the Ikhasha system.
- 5338AD: Voyage of the Hiishiiha.
- ca 5550AD: The Sath technological base advances to the point where they are able to produce their own jump-2 drives.
- 5560AD: A construction settlement is founded on the world.
- 5599AD: Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint becomes operational.
- 5600AD: Data for the Ikhasha system is published in the DSP Listing.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|