Ihatei class Transport
|Ihatei class Transport|
A single Ihatei class Transport transporting a large hold full of Ihatei colonists...
|Type: IT Transport|
|Also see||Combat Transport|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hardpoints||0 (500 possible)|
|Passengers||92 High/Med 10,000 Low|
|Reference||Rebellion Sourcebook 88.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
It is a vessel with 1-G and J-3 performance with a streamlined cylinder hull. The Aslan Ihatei class Transport is one of several standard designs encountered in Aslan colonial and Ihatei fleets; like all of them, it provides economical movement of a large number of colonists (in low berths) and their supporting heavy equipment and start-up supplies (about 1.5 tons per colonist).
- It carries very light armament (...when armed at all) and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries twelve subcraft, ten ship's vehicles, and drones only when needed.
- It has a 150 sophont crew and 50 marines.
- An Ihatei class Transport nearing destination with a large hold full of Ihatei colonists and settlement supplies.
- Several Ihatei class Transports preparing to colonize worlds en masse.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||50,000 tons. Streamlined Cylinder Hull.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Electronics||Model/6 ship computer.|
|5.||Hardpoints||x0 hardpoints (500 possible).|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|8.||Craft / Drones||Several:|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||44 months to build, 42 months in quantity.|
No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type IT class Troop Transport
- Caine class Troop Transport
- Dominion class Troop Transport
- Garrison class Troop Transport
- Gram class Troop Transport
- Heward class Troop Transport
- Ihatei class Transport
- Khas'ahi class Troop Transport
- Kitzukhan class Troop Transport
- Notorious class Troop Transport
- Ronkli class Combat Transport
- Sanlunche class Troop Transport
- Type MLSI class Military Landing Ship Infantry
- Un Vaeg class Troop Transport
- Vey class Troop Transport
- Yawl class Troop Carrier
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), 38.
- Marc Miller. Rebellion Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1988), 88.
- Andy Slack, David Thomas, David L. Pulver. Alien Races 2 (Steve Jackson Games, 1999), 56.
- Consolidated MegaTraveller Errata, page 59 by Don McKinney
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science