|Hyperion/Hyperion (Vanguard Reaches 1436)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|New Era (1200)|| |
|Primary||M1 V M2 V|
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- This world is also the overall capital of an interstellar government with the massive extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- This is a "Puzzle" world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor.
- It is a member of the Hyperion League in the Hyperion Subsector of Vanguard Reaches Sector.
- Hyperion is the capital of a small alliance of worlds known as the Hyperion League.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Hyperion Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Hyperion Primary Primary Red M1 V Hyperion Companion Secondary Red M2 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Hyperion is the center of small alliance of worlds known as the Hyperion League. It is the main focus of trade through the Hyperion and Diadem subsectors. Taking full advantage of its central location, the world has changed from a sleepy, mediocre industrial world into a major Enterprise node, shipbuilder and power broker. The world was subjected to a three-way war during the 1170s between factions backed by the Corellian League and the Murians, and local nationalists. The nationalists won after importing Aslan mercenaries to bolster their forces. The Amber Zone rating reflects lingering suspicions and tensions between the victors and their subjugated foes.
Hyperion has an excellent quality starport.
- A Class A Starport Facility has very well developed shipyards and is capable of producing first rate starships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Sometimes multiple ports of each type.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|