H-class Security Vessels and Defensive Vessels covers a spectrum of defensive and security vessels covering many paramilitary and military taskings.
- They are generally considered secondary naval combatants even when they form the first line of defense against enemy fleets. Their inability to conduct primary naval offensive operations is the strategic reason why they are considered secondary naval combatants.
- The class includes the well known System Defense Boat, law enforcement craft, police ships, customs vessels, and many more.
- The H-class also includes a range of Bounty Hunter Vessels with specialized police functions and defensive functions versus corsairs, pirates, or privateers.
- The Supraclass designation is also known as Ship Mission, Ship Mission Code, Mission, or Ship Hull Designation.
- It is a starship supraclass.
- 1 Library Data Referral Tree
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Library Data Referral Tree
- Starship User Types
- Advanced Ship Classifications
- Basic Ship Classifications
- Ships by Function
- Speed of Travel
H-class Vessel's are not intended for offensive operations, they instead defend and secure fixed locations, almost always mainworlds and their associated star systems. These missions are considered paramilitary by the dominant thoughts of naval strategists within Charted Space.
No information yet available.
Strategy & Tactics (Doctrine)
H-class Vessels have two major taskings:
- Defensive Warfare
- System Security
They are generally considered secondary naval combatants even when they form the first line of defense against enemy fleets. Their inability to conduct primary naval offensive operations is the strategic reason why they are considered secondary naval combatants.
Security & Defensive Vessels typically serve the following roles:
- Bodyguard Vessel (HH: Special VIP duties)
- Bounty Hunter Vessel (HH)
- Hunter Vessel (HH: Hunting down of criminals with bounties)
- Q-Ship (HQT)
- Ranger Vessel (HPR)
- Constabulary Cruiser (HP)
- Customs Vessel (HP)
- Patrol Escort (HT)
- Patrol Ship (HT)
- Patrol Skiff (HT)
- Patrol Vessel (HTP)
- Police Cruiser (HP)
- Police Ship (HP)
- Security Vessel (H) (Namesake)
- Defender (HD)
- Defensive Ship (HD)
- Defensive Vessel (HD)
- Gunboat (HD)
- Heavy System Defense Boat (HSDB)
- Missile Boat (HD)
- Monitor (HM)
- Patrol Fighter (FP: Smallcraft)
- Picket Boat (HD)
- Planetoid Monitor (HMP)
- Sentinel (HD)
- System Defense Boat (HSB: Light)
- System Defense Boat (HSDB: Heavy)
- Battle Rider (BR)
- Combat Barge (WBG)
- Combat Transport Smallcraft (UI)
- Fighters (F)
- Militarized Utility Craft (UQ)
Supraclass Archetypal Roles
These vessels typically serve the following archetypal roles:
|H-class Defense / Security Vessel Supraclass Archetypes|
|Security Vessel||H (Namesake)||Fazachu class System Defense Boat|| None
|Defender||HD||Kaga class System Monitor|| None
|Bounty Hunter Vessel||HH||Huntress class Bounty Hunter|| None
|Monitor||HM||Empress Troyhune class Planetoid Monitor|| None
|Police Ship||HP||Stenka class Security Vessel|| None
|Q-Ship||HQT||Fenris class Q-ship|| None
|System Defense Boat||HSB||Dragon class System Defense Boat|| Light to medium displacement.
|System Defense Boat||HSDB||Zhodatl class System Defense Boat|| Medium to heavy displacement.
|Patrol Ship||HT||Lurushaar Kilaalum class Corvette|| Light to medium displacement.
|Patrol Vessel||HTP||Shivva class Patrol Frigate|| Medium to heavy displacement.
|NOTES: There is semantic overlap between many of the classes and codes. Some codes organize by mission or capability, others by size and tonnage, and yet others by other characteristics.|
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
Paramilitary Ship - Security Vessel:
Ship Summary List
Some of the most commonly used vessels in this role include:
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- This article is an amalgamation of many different materials published since 1977.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science