- Also known as "variant human races".
- Please see the following articles for related information:
Most scientists use one or the other of the terms Human chimera or Variant Human Race to indicate these genetically engineered populations.
- These species may or may not rate their own taxonomic name.
- This often depends on political considerations, although sometimes there are sound practical reasons for an omission.
Known Variant Human Races: 1116
The following known variant races exist within Charted Space:
- Lamura Teg
Please see Variant Human Race for more information.
History & Background (Dossier)
- Many of these involve new species of Humaniti created by genetic engineering during historical times.
- Many laymen consider such species to be minor races, but since they have had no chance to invent jump drive on their own, but may be descended from races that did, they don't fit the usual definition of either.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- GURPS Traveller: Humaniti
- Far Future Enterprises T5: Core rules
- Author & Creator: Hans Rancke-Madsen
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science