|Hrd/Vincennes (Deneb 1623)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Hrd is an icy, non-agricultural and nonindustrial vacuum world, whose surface is ice-capped and with nearly all of its water frozen and warranting hazardous environment precautions.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- This world has a research station engaged in the scientific pursuit of knowledge.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Vincennes Subsector of Deneb Sector in the Domain of Deneb.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- This world has an Imperial Research Station facility.
- Hrd is sometimes known as HRD.
- Lurent planetoid ships may be found in the system’s Oort clouds.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Hrd Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Hrd Primary Red M5 III
History & Background (Dossier)
- The system contains a Naval Base.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Point of Interest: Humbolt Research Directorate
Originally established as the Humbolt Research Directorate, HRD is now a think tank, whose only export is information and analysis. Unlike research stations, however, it is not a unified government-owned operation. HRD consists of a large number of commercial analytical groups, all competing for government contracts.
HRD is the sector's largest exporter of information. Although HRD was originally settled as a research center for the Imperial Navy, pressure from other elements of the sector government gradually pushed HRD toward independence. However, the Navy maintains a highly visible presence in system, and its technical training center is greatly renowned.
HRD is still Deneb's primary think tank, with experts in every field applying their skills to the Domain's problems. The world's economy is almost exclusively sustained by the various research projects being conducted there. While the exported data is mainly confidential, mostly slated toward the Domain's defense, several local organizations research civil subjects as well.
The world's political structure revolves around several corporate centers, all vying for contracts and engaging in industrial espionage. Overall government is supplied by a council of corporate representatives, but individual companies provide most of the infrastructure and basic services.
Since much of HRD's work is classified, rumors abound as to what projects are actually being conducted on world. Media sources occasionally try to infiltrate HRD's web of corporate intrigue, but they seldom manage to report anything conclusive.
Recent rumors concern hidden installations and unreasonably heavy Naval patrols. Other journalists have noted the large number of transient Droyne that regularly pass through the system. Accounts of small bodies insystem having been moved by no identifiable means continue to circulate.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|