An Hour is a unit of time.
Entertainment programs tailored to humans tend to have a duration of around an hour: viewers can become distracted or fatigued over longer periods of time.
Other cultures have different values for an hour, generally based on a division of the rotation period of their homeworld.
The hour was defined as a unit of time on Terra prior to the foundation of the Terran Confederation. Technologists found the hour useful as the concept of the Technology Level and standardized ideas about sophont society development began to take form.
- Marc Miller. MegaTraveller (Game Designers Workshop, 1987)
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 5.
- David Golden, Guy Garnett. Fire, Fusion & Steel (Imperium Games, 1997), 7.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science
- An unpublished factoid written by Maksim-Smelchak