Description / Specifications
A Garden World or temperate world possesses a safe temperate environment by definition, which does not require protective equipment for humans or other sophonts, who share similar breathable environments. The term is synonymous with garden world in most climatic aspects.
No information yet available.
|Tropical World||Tr||6789||4456789||34567||--||--||--||Tropic HZ neg. Hotter. Starward.|
|Temperate World||Tp||6789||4456789||34567||--||--||--||Temperate. HZ. Just right.|
|Tundra World||Tu||6789||4456789||34567||--||--||--||Tundra HZ pos. Colder. Staraway.|
Probably Planetary Orbit & Climate
Temperate worlds most often attract considerable immigration and the odds of a successful economy arising are much greater than more challenging and less life-supporting planets.
|TC||Inner (-)||HZ-2||HZ-1||HZ||HZ+1||HZ+2||Outer (+)||Remote & Far Systems||Remarks|
|Tp||-||-||Possible||Yes||Possible||-||-||-||Temperate worlds almost always are found within the HZ except under exotic conditions.|
History & Background / Dossier
- Planetological term
- A Terra-norm isn't as desirable as a Terra-prime world, but it still possess a wide variety of features that allow for easy residence by most sophont species.
- In [practical terms, this means a moderate to large world, moderate to high hydrographics, an untainted standard pressure atmosphere, and a standard gravity.
- Most species also prefer a moderate sun in the G2 V to G3 V range.
- Atm 4-9, Hyd 4-8,
- Classic Traveller Adventure 5: Leviathan.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), .
- Marc Miller. Scouts (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), .
- Classic Traveller Adventure 5: Leviathan
- T5: Core rules
- External Link: Beowolf's Libary Data Website (defunct)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science