The Hook Nebula is a large dim group of gases and dark clouds measuring around 6 parsecs coreward-rimward by 5 parsecs spinward-trailing.
- It is classified as a reflection nebula and is primarily formed of ionized gases, thrown off by the stars at its center many millennia ago.
- The gases consist of about 90% hydrogen, with the remainder made up of helium, oxygen, nitrogen, and other elements. The clouds have a mean density of 102–106 particles/cm³. Its central regions are relatively denser.
A monostellar star systems lie at its core:
HN1-a Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks HN1-a Primary Red M7 III None
Hex Location: 0933 Yearn Sector. 3 Gas Giants.
The positions and types of the stars present within the Hook Nebula have been cataloged as part of the University of Selasia Spinward Survey. The nebula is named for its supposed resemblance to a hook.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: WHULorigan
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science