|No. of Worlds||112|
|Majority Control||Unexplored (NaXX) - 92%|
|Secondary Control||Dominion of Ruins (DoRu) - 8%|
|Province||Where The Stars End|
|Imperial Coordinate||-16 / -11|
|This sector has sector data|
- 1 Description
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 Sector Summary
- 5 History & Background
- 6 References & Contributors / Sources
The following astrographic features can be found within Hollow Sector:
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 75 parsecs to trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Hollow Sector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, lying around 60 parsecs to spinward-rimward, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds lying within Hollow Sector.
Hollow Sector is a backwater area that has only been partially explored.
Formerly, billions of humans descended from individuals who were originally part of the Last Armada. Their civilisations were extinguished during the 49th century and the Sector is currently believed to be unpopulated.
No polities currently exist within (or make a claim on any part of) Hollow Sector.
- A defunct polity (the Dominion of Ruins) occupied the spinward-rimward quadrant of the Sector. It came to an abrupt end during the 48th century.
No capitals have been designated.
No information yet available.
The following subsectors can be found within Hollow Sector:
- Closure Subsector. Subsector I of Hollow Sector.
- Despoil Subsector. Subsector M of Hollow Sector.
- Hinterwild Subsector. Subsector N of Hollow Sector.
The following systems and worlds can be found within this area:
History & Background
Limited information about Hollow Sector is available. Much of what is known comes from the Jannasta Expedition of the mid-55th century.
- Pre-Humaniti Era: largely unknown. Possible Slaver and Voyagers activity.
- Founding Era: Hollow Sector is named. Human settlement of the Intersect Cluster.
- Dark Age: the rise of petty polities and later the Dominion of Ruins. The Voyagers are not thought to have been active in the sector.
- Expansion Era: the end of the Dominion of Ruins.
- Early Modern Era: unaffected.
- Post-War Era: the Jannasta Expedition explores the Intersect Cluster.
- Present Day: data for Hollow Sector is published in the DSP Listing.
Major Historical Events
Some of the important historical events that have affected Hollow Sector include:
- 2255AD Hollow Sector officially named. It had previously been charted by long-range scans performed by vessels the Last Armada.
- circa 2300AD Settlement of a few prime worlds within the Intersect Cluster by humans of the Last Armada.
- circa 3000AD Population growth and industrial capability prompts interstellar expansion within the Intersect Cluster.
- circa 3500AD Formation of petty polities. Internicene warfare.
- circa 4650AD Confederation of petty polities into Dominion of Ruins. Ongoing warfare by the Dominion against the Bone Worlds, culminating in the latters use of an unknown bioweapon.
- circa 4700AD Warfare scales down, worlds slowly depopulate.
- circa 4750AD All of the worlds of the Intersect Cluster become Barren.
- 5460AD to 5471AD Jannasta Expedition surveys the worlds of the Intersect Cluster.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science