|Hkurlei/Aokiylair (Riftspan Reaches 1517)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Hkurlei is a poor, industrial, high-population desert hellworld, with a billion or more sophonts struggling to survive in a inhospitable environment.
- Hellworlds often offer daily, and sometimes hourly, life-threatening situations to their inhabitants.
- This world has no free-standing water.
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- This world is part of the Aslan Hierate, as a single multiple-world clan dominate, in the Aokiylair Subsector of Riftspan Reaches Sector.
- This world has a colony at Aufusyah (world).
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Hkurlei has always had harsh conditions.
- Temperatures at the equator frequently exceed 40 degrees Celsius, and cloudless skies grant no protection from the blazing orange sun.
History & Background (Dossier)
- The few shallow lakes which had served as reservoirs began to evaporate.
- Panic might have ensued on a human world. With few exceptions, however, the native Aslan settled themselves to the drastic water rationing imposed by their clan leaders.
- In a few isolated incidents, thefts of water were reported; as a whole, though, the inhabitants refused to insure their individual survival at the expense of their fellows.
The Aslan philosophy of taro - literally, "it comes" - enabled the people of Hkurlei to weather the disaster.
- The planet's hydrosphere never completely recovered, but today the populace has adjusted.
- New safeguards have been implemented to make sure a similar crisis never occurs again.