Hive Federation Navy
- Hivers don't have the same concepts of civilian, paramilitary, and military as many other societies so all ships are generally grouped into this institution. They think differently.
Please refer to the following AAB library data for more information:
- Starship User Types
- Major Race / Suprapolity Ships
- Aslan / Aslan Hierate
- Droyne / Droyne Oytrip Yatroy
- Hivers / Hive Federation
- Hive Federation Navy
- K'kree / Two Thousand Worlds
- Solomani / Solomani Confederation
- Third Imperium / Imperials
- Vilani / Ziru Sirka
- Vargr / Vargr Extents
- Zhodani / Zhodani Consulate
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
The navy exemplifies many hiver traits, the stick to convince undeveloped cultures to see the wisdom in the carrot. They prefer their violence at long range and would prefer not to be around at all while it happens. Some carriers and fleet tenders are typical.
The implications of the navy itself is a hotly debated topic in some hiver circles. The subtle manipulations that occurred to bring about its existence and have maintained it for so long are a subject of wonder and conjecture among hivers. If it is to continue to function, it might as well be used effectively to further hiver long term goals of moving other cultures into less hostile postures, to make the galaxy a safer place for hivers. Some like it as a pressure valve to vent the aggression of some of their project species still plagued with violent tendencies, some like the idea of a navy so vast and intimidating it can force other civilizations into a quiet detente. The subtle balance of force and pressure, involuntarily controlling the behavior of another sentient is always good for a hand wave, finger wiggle or two.
Doctrine & Strategy (Operations)
- Ithklur man the fighters, troop transports and assault landers with great glee. They have extensive drone and robotic craft.
- Heavy bruiser robots are often used to carry the fight to the enemy.
Rank & Grade (Hierarchy)
Some of the organizational ranks and grades used by this force include:
As an instrument of foreign policy this is considered to be a very blunt instrument. This military grew from the concept that all alien species encountered could not be properly manipulated until there was a creditable military threat. This force had to be able to demonstrate the ability to destroy enemy vessels and capture and hold star systems. The hivers also learned that they had to protect cooperative species from less cooperative ones. They had to be able to ensure resources arrived safely. The K'kree were the first major super power who severely tested the Hiver's theories on naval operations. They discovered that they had much to learn.
No information yet available.
Each administrative territory has a fleet assigned to it. Typical fleet have a BatRon, this battle squadron contains the major combatants. Each fleet has a patrol squadron which is a blend of scouts and cruiser functions and a support squadron with repair tenders, transports, and tankers. Covert ops and quarantine squadrons are added as needed. Boarding parties and marine functions are typically carried out by subject races. Diplomatic and embassy vessels are always part of each formation. Most battle assets have a secondary function as escort and security for more vulnerable diplomatic vessels.
Selected Ship Classes
Some ship classes widely used within Hiver Space include:
- Cigiysna class Ship's Boat
- Cihzicih class Transport
- Ciigusna class Shuttle
- Fazachu class System Defense Boat
- Gahcuyche class Heavy Fighter
- Giciifichu class Dispatcher
- Giicuyche class Fighter
- Giiphicih class Liner
- Gizicih class General Trader
- Iificih class Embassy Ship
- Type HE class Embassy Ship
- Type HE class Escort Destroyer
- Type HL class Research Cruiser
- Type HX class Explorer
- Zahzicih class Q-ship
- Ziiguysna class Pinnance
- Zofagic class Utility Vessel
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This navy primarily operates in the following areas:
World Listing: 1105
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Alien Module 7 - Hivers
- TNE - Aliens of the Rim
- GURPS Traveller Alien Races 3 (Hivers and Droyne)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science