From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Hellhole/Bunkeria (Core 0423)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Hellhole is a nonindustrial vacuum world, which warrants hazardous environment precautions.
- Life in a vacuum requires great discipline. After all, it only takes one forgotten seal on a vacuum suit to spell death. Those who survive tend to be very methodically-minded and attentive to small detail.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Bunkeria Subsector of Core Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
- This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
- It was formerly known as Gig.
The world's crust abounds with exotic minerals and heavy metals, making it one of the most profitable mining worlds in the Core Sector.
- In the TL–11 civilization of the old Interstellar Confederacy, Gig was a dangerous planet on which to mine.
- Today, with modern TL–14 technology, the vacc miners of Hellhole rarely have to enter the mines.