Heated Dry Suit
|Heated Dry Suit|
The Heated Dry Suit is an advanced-exposure diving suit.
- Water Survival Equipment
This heated dry suit utilizes heating coils built into the suit proper to heat the diver in extremely cold temperatures. (If it's warm enough not to be frozen, it's warm enough to swim in wearing a heated dry suit.
Disadvantages of the suit include the extreme infrared signature, which makes detection of a diver extremely easy, and the possibility of a short circuit if the suit is damaged. Batteries, worn in a belt pouch, provide six hours of operation before recharge or replacement becomes necessary.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith. The Undersea Environment (Gamelords, 1983), 26.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 65.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 11,12,14,21.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science