The Heat Suit is a skin-tight, head-to-toe covering which providing protection against extreme cold.
- Cold Weather & Climbing Gear
A power source drives a network of heating filaments in the fabric. An internal thermostat allows any apparent temperature, negating the effects of low temperatures and wind chill. The suit functions to temperatures as low as -60°.
It is not damaged by immersion in water, but will not function while immersed. A battery that runs the heat suit's filaments for 72 hours is 0.5kg and costs Cr40.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Loren Wiseman. "Ship's Locker: Cold Weather Clothing." Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 01 (1979): 15.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 54-55,59,64.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 11,13,21.
- Citation Missing - Mongoose Traveller: Central Supply Catalogue
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science