Homo sapiens rejhappuri
|Homeworld||Rejhappur (Reaver's Deep 1218)|
|Reference||"A Pilot's Guide to the Scotian Deep Subsector." Far Traveller 2 63.|
|Status||Minor Race, Minor Human Race|
The Happirhva are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
History & Background (Dossier)
When off world settlement first began some 250 years ago, the two largest groups of natives encountered were:
- The Happrhani (“People of the Soil”) were much less numerous and somewhat more civilized than the Happijhom.
- Happijhom (“People of the Steppes”) were nomadic herders with strong traditions, but very little technological mastery.
Happrhani Farming Culture
The Happrhani formed various small farming communities in the fertile regions of Rejhappur, and are also found in settlements in desert oases and around occasional small wells or lakes in the steppes.
Happijhom Herding Culture
The Happijhom, on the other hand, are a nomadic people who inhabit the broad steppe and desert regions of Rejhappur. During much of the year, the steppes can easily support herds of Jhederhai, (the native riding beast), and Herjhanki, (a grazing animal used for food and other necessities). During the winter, however, the steppes grow barren, and for a period of up to 100 days, the nomads must find other grazing grounds. This has forced them to migrate into the fertile regions inhabited by the Happrhani.
These seasonal migrations periodically give rise to conflict, but for the most part, the two groups coexist quite well. Aside from occasional incidents and clashes, the migration season has always been a time for trade, celebration, intermarriage, and an exchange of ideas, culture, and friendship.
Happirhva First Contact
This has, unfortunately, been disrupted in recent years... thanks to the misguided zeal of recent offworld administrators.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
The homeworld of this race is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Dale Kemper. "A Pilot's Guide to the Scotian Deep Subsector." Far Traveller 2 (1983): 63.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science