- The hanger is generally accessed by large doors or hatches.
- It generally has independent life support and environmental systems.
- A hanger may have an associated office and machine shop.
Some hull configurations (such as dispersed structures) make internal hangers superfluous. However, it is not uncommon for such designs may make use of subhulls and pods to create sealed, pressurized hanger space.
Many smaller ships carry utility smallcraft that are housed in hangers that closely match their shape and dimensions.
- Classic Traveller, Book 2 Starships (Game Designers Workshop 1977, 1981)
- Classic Traveller, Book 5 High Guard (Game Designers Workshop 1980)
- MegaTraveller, Referee's Manual (Game Designers Workshop 1987)
- T5 Core Rules, Far Future Enterprises 2013
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science