Hangar class Fleet Carrier
|Hangar class Fleet Carrier|
|Type: VL Light Carrier|
|Also see||Fleet Carrier|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr3,486.03 in quantity 2,791.224|
|Crew||120 with 12 marines|
|Origin||Nexus Fleet Forces|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Hangar class Fleet Carrier is a warship.
- It is a military ship and a Fleet Carrier.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
They have an unstreamlined dispersed structure hull incapable of wilderness refueling. Their maneuver drives are capable of 2G acceleration with 1 agility. They are armed with 4 heavy missile bays, a particle accelerator bay, two triple beam laser turrets, four dual fusion gun turrets and four triple sand caster turrets for defense. The crew consists of 11 command, 11 engineers, 29 gunners, 45 flight, 12 service, and 12 marines. They carry twenty-two 80 ton Nexus Onyx class Interceptors, organized into three undersized squadrons.
They mount a pair of model 6 fib computers adjacent to the bridge with redundant screens in the event of nuclear or meson beam attacks.
This class accompanies the ships of the line, but requires tanker support to refuel beyond port. They are fitted to carry jump 2 drop tanks for additional range. Their internal fuel supply includes enough fuel for a jump 2 with a jump 1 reserve.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The Nexus Hangar Class Fleet Carriers were designed and are manufactured in the Nexus (Ha 1526) (world) system. Originally envisioned as much larger vessels, budget cuts and the maintenance burdens necessitated smaller hulls. They are part of the Nexus Fleet Forces.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type VL class Fleet Carrier
- Hangar class Fleet Carrier
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science