- 1 Details / Specifications
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 History & Background
- 5 References & Contributors / Sources
Details / Specifications
The Hak'tha Spread is named for the Hak'tha system and its red giant primary star. It lies at the junction of Far Home, Course, Gulf and Deep Sectors. Until the closing years of the 56th century it was only accessible by long-range starships but with the completion of the Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint the worlds of the Spread are now accessible to conventional vessels. The Spread was first explored around three hundred years ago, but its worlds have only had permanent populations for a few decades.
The following astrographic features can be found within this area:
Other Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- The Cauldron Nebula, lying within Cauldron Sector, some 86 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be seen as a star-studded luminous region in night-time skies from all of the worlds of the Cluster.
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 122 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Cluster.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star lying approximately 15 parsec to spinward-coreward at its closest point, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Cluster even in daylight.
- Manjazar, the red giant primary star lying at the center of the Spread, can be clearly seen from all of its systems.
A Jump Bridge has been emplaced to open the worlds of the Hak'tha Spread to regular traffic:
- The Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint, a large and heavily defended station located within interstellar space at (3038 Far Home)
The Hak'tha Spread lies within the following Subsectors:
- Sath Subsector: Subsector P of Far Home Sector.
- As'Kaa Subsector: Subsector M of Course Sector.
- Ikhasha Subsector: Subsector D of Gulf Sector.
- Hak'tha Subsector: Subsector A of Deep Sector.
Population: 98,000 Sophonts.
No native sophonts are known to have originated within the Hak'tha Spread.
The following languages are the most commonly spoken within the Spread:
No polities exist within the Spread. It is considered to be under the dominion of the Sath Alliance: its systems are controlled by the powerful Shikh’aa Faction. Humans are not welcome within the Spread: those few that stray into the region are generally met with a hostile reception and are closely monitored at all times.
The Shikh’aa Faction is focused on expansion into the Spread. Much of its recent effort has gone into the construction of the Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint, lying within interstellar hex (3038) of Far Home Sector. It is preparing a large-scale colonisation effort in order to populate and develop the region's worlds.
- Saa Kaa is currently the prime system of the Hak'tha Spread. The Sath intend to relocate it to the garden world of Chiik, when development on that world reaches a suitable stage of advancement.
History & Background
The first sophonts within the Spread were the crew of the Meronatha Swann, which misjumped into the cluster in the middle years of the 35th century. Years later their distress calls were logged by the Sath and passed on via diplomatic channels, but the ultimate fate of the Meronatha Swann and its crew remains unknown.
The first deliberate sophont activity within the Spread was around 5270AD, when Sath STL probes passed through the area. In 5338AD The Hiishiiha travelled through its central systems before returning to the K’shek cluster. In 5538AD (coincidentally the bicentennial of the Hiishiiha voyage – Sath don't use the human calendar) Sath long-range scouting vessels began comprehensive surveys and studies.
Major Historical Events
- 2255AD: Humans arrive in the Demon Cluster.
- ca 3450AD: The Meronatha Swann misjumps into the Spread.
- ca 5270AD: Sath STL probes pass through the Spread.
- 5338AD: Voyage of the Hiishiiha.
- ca 5450AD: Faction wars within the Sath Alliance: the Sath Diaspora.
- 5538AD: The Sath launch long-range scouting missions into the Spread.
- ca 5550AD: The Sath technological base advances to the point where they are able to produce their own jump-2 drives.
- 5596AD: The Sath occupy the Hell Worlds.
- 5599AD: Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint becomes operational.
- 5600AD: Data for the Hak'tha Spread is published in the DSP Listing.
References & Contributors / Sources
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science