|Army size (BEs)||12|
|World Trade Number||4.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||6,130|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||10,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||9,000|
Gurgesgu is a fluid world with oceans of a liquid other than water such as ammonia, methane, or hydrocarbons, or other exotic liquids. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Old Suns Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Gurgesgu, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. During the Long Night this world was named Sirshur.
Astrography and planetology
Gurgesgu is noted for its unusual seas composed of complex metallic organofluorides in a benzene-derived liquid. A whole industry has been built up around the extraction of various metals and organics from the seas. Coastal panoramas consist of huge pumping and processing stations piled upon the shore serving local and subsector industry. Ocean refueling is not available due to the compounds in the sea which despite ship purification are not completely removed. These compounds can cause excessive power systems corrosion and hence failure. The system is well served by the class B starport, which has the necessary equipment to adequately purify the local sea for starship fuel.
Gurgesgu Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Gurgesgu Primary Red M7 V
History and background
References and contributors
- Jae Campbell. "Library Data: Old Suns." Signal-GK 04 (1992): 48. via HIWG
- Marc Miller. First Survey (Imperium Games, 1996), 79.
- Stuart L. Dollar, Joseph E. Walsh. Psionic Institutes (Imperium Games, 1997), 8.
- Jae Campbell. Encyclopaedia Dagudashaag (Signal-GK, 2017), 136.
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science