Grunt class System Defense Boat
|Grunt class System Defense Boat|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: PF System Defense Boat|
|Also see||System Defense Boat|
|Origin||Outcasts of the Whispering Sky|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Grunt class System Defense Boat is a defensive warship.
- It is a paramilitary ship and an System Defense Boat.
- They are operated by the Outcasts of the Whispering Sky (Stalkers).
Used as a system defense boat, this jump capable slab sided brick is used to monitor and patrol outcast systems. The hull is thickly plated and a single plasma gun bay is its only weapon system. Close with the enemy and blast away at close range is the preferred tactic, and hope they get the message that they are not welcome.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses|| No information yet available.
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science