Groat fur, popular in fashionable clothing.
The Groat's shaggy hair, known as Groatle, is the most obvious resource it provides. Once sheared, cleaned, and groomed, it has a softness and silkiness rivaling the finest synthetic.
In addition, Groatle contains a high concentration of metal salts, which has two beneficial effects: First, Groatle cloth is proof against most pest lifeforms which eat animal fibers. Second, a simple chemical treatment brings out an iridescent, shimmering quality which is very attractive.
- Marc Miller. Twilight's Peak (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 21.
- Frank Chadwick, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. The Traveller Adventure (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), 142.
- Herb Petro. Imperium Staple 02 (Herb Petro, 1986), TBD.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 592.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science